Work with us
We’re on a mission to provide a brighter future for elderly Australians.
Treating people with respect, compassion and kindness is at the core of everything we do. At Odyssey, we are here to help you achieve the highest levels of comfort and independence in your daily life.
Care, support and
peace of mind
Hotel perks on your
Responsible for managing the finance function of our NDIS business unit, which operates both SDA accommodation and NDIS Care (two separate business units). They will work closely with the Business Unit Manager. There will also be some responsibility for this role in our Lifestyle Care Community business unit also, assisting with accounts receivable and running and analyzing various reports,
- Responsible for the Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for NDIS business unit
- Liaising with the Government in relation to NDIS claiming
- Assist with Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Provide reports on actual vs. forecast and KPI’s for the Business Unit
- Assist in the implementation and running of processes to ensure data accuracy, with key involvement in rollout and improvement of systems
- Assist with registration audits
- Accounts receivable for our Care Community Business Unit, including managing and processing direct debits
- Assisting CFO with financial and management reporting, cash flow forecasting and other ad hoc tasks
- Positive and solution focused
- Ability to communicate with others from a non-financial and non-technical background
- Ability to drive performance of the business units KPI’s
- Able to work independently and problem solve
Please submit your application to:
To actively participate in developing and maintaining a culture that promotes and respects the Odyssey Code of Conduct and the vision, and values of Odyssey Health Group in which the physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing of the residents is paramount.
To provide services to residents to ensure compliance with the Retirement Village Act and Odyssey Health Group Application for Residence
- Assistant in Nursing Certificate lll in Aged Care and or Certificate III in Home and Community
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate plus manual handling
- Other certificates such as infection control or Cert IV Aged Care would be beneficial
- Must have a current Australian Federal Police check
- Must have COVID-19 Vaccination and annual Flu Vaccination (Unless medically exempt)
- Experience in Aged Care Facility or community as AIN/Carer including experience in all levels of care, low to very high including palliative and end of life
- Ability to understand and react responsively to resident needs, problem solving where necessary
- Ability to work as a team member within a structured environment
- Strong commitment to working with frail and aged people
- Sound written and oral communication skills – fluent in both written and spoken English
- Applicants must have sound knowledge of the effective use of digital technology and devise such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PC’s
- Demonstrated commitment towards professional development and maintenance of mandatory online training, competencies and education
- Undertake a range of duties as delegated by the RN and the EEN to fulfill the needs of residents
- Understand, recognise, report and document observed outcomes and the changing needs of residents in a timely manner
- Ability to complete care service record accurately and on time
- Assist with residents’ morning tea, meals / fluids which may include serving food, collecting used plates, taking meal orders
- Provide First aid and transfer of residents as required within scope of practice
- Conduct & record visual checks including those for reclusive residents to ensure they are safe
- Conduct & record resident emergency alarm system checks monthly
- Answer the phone in such a way that callers feel welcomed, valued and contented
- Assist the Wellness Manager and Community Manager with resident requests as directed
- Escalate all feedback at the time and document accordingly.
- Spend all allocated time with each resident. i.e. if resident is allocated an hour visit and the visit takes 45minutes, get to know our residents and suggest they might like a cup or tea or a chat?
- Attend daily meeting/handover with the Registered staff on duty and all other relevant meetings as reasonably requested by the EEN, RN or Management.
- Document through Health Metrics eCase documentation system including clocking in each visit scheduled into the daily runs.
- Assist with other operational duties when required or requested including answering the telephone at reception, helping with all cleaning duties including completing cleaning schedules/duties list on night shift, etc. Note that at all times, CARE comes first. Should the Carer have completed all Care duties and find times whereby he/she is available to help with Operations duties (such as during quiet periods/night shift, etc.), the Carer must do so as Company policy dictates – but only if all Care duties are completed.
- All other reasonable Care duties as directed by the RN, EEN or Wellness Manager
Food Preparation & Delivery
- Ensure restaurant is welcoming and ambience is created
- Serve residents as directed by the Chef/Cook, deliver trays to residents’ units as directed if they choose to dine at home. Record all residents that choose to have a meal delivery option
- Check with residents to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
- Ensure all residents have adequate fluids and continue to top up as necessary
- If time permits, assist the kitchen staff with removing dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and bring to kitchen for cleaning after meals
- Ensure Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas are always maintained
Please submit your application to:
- To provide services to people we support designed to build their capacity and promote independence and balancing this with the skillset of the person receiving support – the client.
- To actively participate in developing and maintaining a culture that promotes and respects the Odyssey Code of Conduct and the vision, mission and values of Odyssey Health Group in which the physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing of the people we support is paramount.
- To provide respectful, client-centric support that is positive and friendly ensuring compliance with the OSACs policies and procedures.
- Certificate III in Individual Support or related qualification
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- NDIS Worker Orientation module completion
- NDIS Disability Worker Screening Check clearance or ability to secure one
- Capacity to work across the 7 days of the week including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Experience in the disability sector or similar environment including experience working with people who have high complex support needs.
- Ability to understand and react responsively to client needs, problem solving where necessary.
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a structured environment.
- Strong commitment to working with people with a disability and their complex support needs.
- Sound written and oral communication skills – fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Applicants must have sound knowledge of the effective use of digital technology and devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PC’s
- Demonstrated commitment towards professional development and maintenance of mandatory online training, competencies and education.
- Undertake a range of duties as delegated by the Business Manager, Registered or Endorsed Enrolled Nurses to fulfill the needs of clients.
- Identify and promote opportunities for capacity building and independence for clients ensuring support offered is in line with plan goals and individual plans for each client.
- Understand, recognise, report and document observed outcomes and the changing needs of residents in a timely manner.
- Ability to complete shift reports and other documentation accurately and on time.
- Assist with activities of daily living for clients in line with their individual plan and where indicated complex care plans.
- Assist with meal preparation in line with dietary needs and specific mealtime management plans where in place.
- Report changes in client presentation and/or behaviour as observed to ensure any illness or issues are identified early and addressed quickly.
- Document and escalate all feedback positive or otherwise at the time and document accordingly.
- Ensure all interactions with clients are documented correctly and accurately to reflect accuracy in claiming against the client’s NDIS or other funding stream.
- Conduct the role of support worker in accordance with policies and procedures of the OSAC program including work health and safety practices.
- Participate in team meetings providing input and support tot eh team as required.
- Participate in the continuous improvement processes to ensure the service offered is of a high standard.
- All other reasonable duties as directed by the RN, EEN or Wellness Manager
Please submit your application to:
We have been moved by the number of enquiries we have received from people from the community who are keen to help with our elderly so we have created the Odyssey Volunteer Program.
The Odyssey Volunteer Program is made up of special individuals who want to assist seniors in our Odyssey community who may not have friends, family or neighbours who are able to support them.
We are reaching out to all volunteers who may be able to assist with the following:
- Dog walking
- Companion visits
- Administration volunteers
- Activity officer volunteers
Please register your interest via the form below to join. Your kindness is very much appreciated and welcome.